Sri Lanka Luxury Property – Negotiations.
Think back to when you last bought your luxury apartment in SriLanka and I guarantee you offered less than what the seller was asking right? Of course you did in order to save yourself money. This is one of the most common techniques of negotiating to buy property in Sri Lanka.
However, if you were an experienced investor, you would know that that’s is just one of many techniques you could adopt.
Here are some other ideas you can use to make an offer on the best property for sale in Sri Lanka.
- Try to offer an odd amount, like LKR 199986548 to buy that luxury villa in Sri Lanka. It will give an impression to the seller than you have done your homework and have a good reason that you are making an educated offer based on your findings.
- One I personally like to use is to simply play dumb. A seller will always be on guard if he senses that the person he is negotiating with is smarter than him. He will be nervous that you will take advantage of him and that you may have experience in luxury homes for sale in Sri Lanka. Take the opposite stance here, talk slowly to them and ask lots of questions seeking help in figuring out things so as to not show of your level of real estate knowledge.
- Use the old trick, I’ll have to check with my wife/partner first. This takes away the seller’s control and bides you time to have a think and not act as eager as you probably already are. It also gives you a chance breathe and make sure it’s the right property for you.
- If you want to put forward an offer to buy luxury homes in Sri Lanka is slightly unusual, you can always say, “my father purchased his house in this manner” so that the sellers knows it’s actually been done before and hopefully that makes him feel a little more conformable.
- Sometimes when you are buying luxury houses for sale in Sri Lanka, it’s a good idea to ask for things you don’t necessarily need. This will let the seller win some trivial concessions when you are negotiating.
- When buying luxury houses for sale in Colombo or elsewhere, never act eager. You can always say “hmmm I don’t know…” never show how interested you actually are in the property. If you are being reluctant, the seller will be motivated into trying to get you back on side and may offer you more to entice you.
- When making an offer on luxury apartments in Sri Lanka, appear like the seller has made it. Maybe suggest something like “OK your saying you want a longer close date if I gave you more deposit? So let’s do it your way…..”
- When making an offer on top luxury beach villas in Sri Lanka, try and get a yes from the seller. Here is an example you could try. “If I paid you the price you would like, but also got the terms I like, would that work for you?”. Even if the seller does make a few changes, it’s going to be very hard for them to back away from the initial yes they gave you.
- Flattery will get you everywhere. It’s no secret that sellers of some of the best homes for sale in Sri Lanka love to be flattered. Try it, you may just be surprised how it just might help you.
- When finding issues and problems, try to pass over them and not dwell on them too much. Try and agree with the seller that you will return to them later though so he knows you will come back to them. Try to agree on every point raised as you go, as at the end, the seller will have a harder time losing the deal over the problem items that remain.
You can spend a lot of time looking for houses and villas for sale in Sri Lanka. It’s in your best interest to try and learn some of these techniques above to try and become a smarter negotiator, as it will only help to get you a decreased purchase price.